Saturday, July 22, 2006

You

You make me want to sing
Even when I don't know the words
You make me want to dance
Even when I don't know the steps
You tell me a story
Without saying a word
You tell me I'm beautiful
Without knowing what you've said
You brighten my day
When everyone else has passed me by
You open doors and break down walls
When everyone else has given me reason to build more
You have brought hope
Back to where there was dispair
You have brought joy
Back to where there was sadness
You have made life
Fun to live again
You have made conversation
Fun to participate in
You have become a best friend
At the time I needed one the most
You have become a faith partner
When faith was diminished
You have become all these things
If only I could tell you face to face
You have become all these things
If only I knew your side of the story

1 comment:

b. said...

Oh Joanna...
you are a beautiful person.
and i do love you... i really do. all those years and moments of me saying that Jesus did, and not I, they have long been erased... haha..
i love you tremendously though,
and i really liked this blog. It really connected to how i feel sometimes. you know?
anyways, thank you for that, i love you.