Thursday, June 21, 2007

Have you ever wanted to be part of something bigger? To wake up one day and be told you're a princess, or that you are a descendant of a great and valiant knight? I have on many occaisions. To find out that my family did great things in history; that I am a part of a royal line; that I could be worthy of life in a castle. You see, history excites me, intrigues me, makes my heart beat faster, even skip a beat. I love movies that make history come alive, or books that take me on adventures to faraway lands. I want to go on these adventures, see the places I've read about. I want to walk where famous artists, playwrites, philosophers and doctors have walked. Can you imagine standing in the basement of the Louvre, or on the sands of the great Colleseum, or sit in a seat in a marvelous banquet hall? Am I only ever going to read and dream about these things? I sincerly hope not. Who knows? Maybe one day they'll be reading about me in the history books!

1 comment:

Ryan And Kath said...

I know what you mean and ME TOO, ME TOO!
I've always wished for that.
Ryan and I are going to Europe for 2 weeks in September (I know, not enough time) and the Coliseum, The Sistine Chapel and The Palace of Versailles(France) are at the TOP of our list!!!