Monday, October 15, 2007

Just An Update

Hmm, it's been awhile. I'm home again. I had been housesitting for Carmen & Daune again while they were in PEI. It was alright. I had lots of time to do nothing, so that's what I did. I had some good hangout times too. Robin and I had a sleepover and a lovely picnic. It was fun. Carmen & Daune decided to come home early, which scared the crap out of me. a) I hadn't cleaned anything, except doing the dishes. b) Carmen popped around the corner as soon as I came in. It was kinda awkward to spend the night there while they were there. Oh well, I survived. Then, I worked Tuesday and Wednesday. It was alright, I missed Dylan, but not his incessant crying or the housework. Wednesday night Holly called to tell us she was being induced! Tyson Karch Hilditch was born at 6:04am on Thursday, Oct. 11, 2007. After hearing the news, I finished packing and then headed to Red Deer for a women's conference. It was so amazing! Seeing women worship together, as one, was so powerful. The speakers did an excellent job, sharing so many truths and tips and stories about their lives. I really enjoyed travelling with Jessie and Natanis. We had a lot of good talks, they shared their experiences with me and we shared lots of laughs as well. Last night, Kyros started up. It is a group of grade 12 - age 24 doing a study of Romans. I can't remember the exact vision statement, but that's what it is. It was really good last night. We had a small group, but God still showed up. It was just an introductory night, so Eryn and Caleb, the leaders, explained what it is, what we'll be doing, etc. Then we sang some worship songs and had a time of prayer and prophecy. People say you can't pray if you have to pee, but that doesn't mean God can't give you a word for someone on your way to the bathroom! (That happened to me). We had a good time of fellowship and eating delicious cookies that Eryn made. So, that's about all I can think of for this update.

No comments: