Sunday, September 23, 2007

Invasion

Okay, so last night, I watched The Invasion. It's a movie about an alien "flu" that makes people pretty much walking zombies. This flu desensitizes them and makes them less-than-human. As I was watching some of the scenes, with people getting harrassed by police, hit by cars, even killed, I hardly flinched. So what's the difference then? Between our world and the world in the movie? Other than the fact that their lack of sensitivity was due to a viral war, and ours is, what? "Evil", the media, constant war? I thought it was sad that I had become so uncaring and shock proof. But, isn't that exactly the point, whether conciously or not, that the movie was trying to get across? I don't know, but for some reason, I feel robbed or that my morals and values have been violated.

No comments: