Thursday, January 03, 2008

In All Seriousness...

I have no idea what I'm going to write at this moment, but I know that if I relinquish control to the Author or my life, it will be something great. Uh, wow, isn't that a kick in the teeth? How about the lesson I need to learn right now? Letting go of the control and worry and apprehension about the future. I remember talking about life with friends the other day, and one, jokingly said, "I don't want to accomplish anything." Well, I guess if that's your goal, that's what you'll accomplish, nothing. So what is it that I want to accomplish? This month? This year? Do I need a five year plan? How do I want my life to turn out? Well, in that order, I'd say this:
Learn how to do my new job as a receptionist and do it well. Make new friends and strengthen the relationships I've been building over the years. Although, that might take more than a month to do.
This year. Against all odds, because I know God is bigger than odds, I'd like to meet the man I've fallen in love with, Cody. I'm going to start believing for a plane ticket. Or some other form of transportation that will be provided for him to come here in April. Heck, if God can get me through some of the months of the past year on less than $20, I'm sure he can get Cody up here in some amazing way that will cause us both to praise him. Also this year, I'd like to actually stick to the plan I've made and go get some training. I've actually started the application process for a Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Discipleship Training School (DTS) in Harpenden, Herts which is in England. It's about a 30 minute train ride from London, if that helps at all, because I have no clue where it actually is. If I'd get my butt in gear, I could actually finish filling out the second half of the application and send it off. What's holding me back? Well, laziness for one. And the little thing called money. I need to know how much I have towards it already, how much support I'll be getting, and how much I still need. Plus the deposit, or whatever its called. I'll know all this better at the end of the month after I get paid. The thing is, I've learned not to worry about money. Huge lesson I learned last year. I know I'll have enough to go. I just have to discipline myself to actually save up and not spend money on trivial things.
So, what's my five year plan? I honestly don't have one. I never thought I'd be where I am today this time last year. I'm so grateful to where God has brought me, and where he's bringing me still and wouldn't change a thing. Seriously. Not even the mistakes. Especially not the joy. If I were to make one though, I'd say, YWAM, maybe some correspondence school, marriage, family, ministry. I think that'd be a cool way to live my life, but maybe God has something way cooler for me. I'd also be okay with that.
On that note, to answer the last question, how do I want my life to turn out, is simple. With the Author of Life writing my story, it will be great.

No comments: