Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wasting My Breath

Why do I even bother talking to you anymore?
This breath was meant to teach, is snatched away and is gone forever.
You know nothing of raising children, why try raising an animal?
Don't bite, don't mess on the floor!
If you think his bite is bad, beware my temper and the messes I can make.
You deserve all the respect you show me. None.
I shouldn't have had to raise myself and be left searching for a father figure.
You were there! You should have been the father I needed.
Its too late now, the chance and hope has died long ago.
The chance for you to step in when I really needed you.
The hope for you to change and become the man I dreamed would walk me down the aisle.
If you won't even change for your own mother, why should I keep hoping you'll change for me?
We go about our days, mumbling incoherant greetings to one another;
Giving information only when neccessary, and to the extreme minimum neccessity at that.
Why don't we just go on with our own lives?
Its getting easier to ignore you when you're here.
When you're gone, there is peace, times I look forward to.
Things would be so much easier to find out there's another woman or another family.
It would make so much sense;
Your attention and affection would be towards them and explain the cold shoulder we recieve.
But there isn't another family, you just don't know how to love.
I keep trying to forgive and move on.
You wouldn't believe how many times a day I choose to forgive you.
Each time I forgive and see hope for change,
You do or say something to open my eyes once again to your ignorance.
Once again I release the hate and disappointment.
I release you, you will no longer be a burden and cause of worry to my life.

Until next time.

No comments: