Thursday, April 20, 2006

Why Now?

Why Now?
You want to know every detail of my life.
Why Now?
Why not when I was a child?
Why Now?
You expect me to be comfortable talking to you
When we haven't "talked" for the past 18 years.
Why Now?
Why should I trust you now, when you've never given me reason to?
Why Now?
Do you think you can take the pain away with words?
Why Now?
I needed you to be a father.
You failed.
Why Now?
These are some of the most important times in my life.
Your interest in them came too late.
Why Now?
You didn't make time for my most important performances
Why should I expect you to be there for the future?
Why Now?
Now that all hope is lost, you ask to be a part of my life.
Why Now?
You expect me to forgive you as easily as I would decide what to eat.
Why Now?
Its now because its always been never.

No comments: