Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Blind Dates And Coffee Cups

Here she sits at a table for two
eyes open, yet unseeing of the beauty around her
People pass by,
sights and sounds are unoticed and forgotten

I watch her play with the handle
of a cup of warm liquid
Ignoring the contents,
she is more fascinated
with the vessel

Wondering what it is on her mind
that could bring such intense concentration
I, myself, sit and stare,
unaware of the very act

She checks her watch,
breaking her personal reverie
A look passes across her face;
I know not whether it is disappointment,
or resignation

A moment passes and as she rises to leave,
she looks at me and gives a smile;
A smile with beauty I've yet to see challenged

Here I sit at a table for two
thinking of the girl who was waiting
for me.

To clear up confusion...this was written from a guy's point of veiw. In the words of Robin "I'm not a lesbian you guys!"

No comments: