Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day With The Fam

So I spent the day with my family and the Krumrei's (Ryan's in-laws). We all had lunch at the golf course and then everyone, minus Tim & Clare, went out to the cabin Dwayne's building for his cousin. I've never been there and was quite amazed at how huge it is. I got a bit dizzy looking up at the ceilings (23' high!) and enjoyed going on the roof/balcony. Jonathan and Caleb built a "fort" in one of the rooms downstairs and wanted me to come see it. The let me in and said it was only for 7-20 year old people. I thought it was sweet how excited they were to include me. I miss having fun with those boys, even when they're too noisy or repetitive.
We were out side and the lake was really calm so I got mom to talk a picture of me by a tree.
Then we all headed over to Bethel for supper. I walked with the boys, they enjoyed it and I enjoyed their company. We beat almost everyone there, except Dwayne, who took a short cut (cheater, haha). We all had to wait for the two old geezers who also decided to walk. It was so weird being up there again without any campers or friends/co counselors. We ate, took pictures as we fed Whiskey Jacks and a frisky squirrel, and started to pack everything up.


Mom took a picture of Gerry and Talita and I just had to get a picture of
me against the autumnal canoes. I love the changing colors of the leaves! God's nature is so amazing. Its the best backdrop for any photo. Now we're home and I'll be back at work tomorrow (yay...). I got a little bit discouraged on Friday, but I'm sure things will work themselves out eventually; I've just got to stick to it. I've got more at stake than proving to my dad I can handle responsibility. I need to get out of here. Anyways, I had a good day today. I didn't do anything I planned to do this weekend, but I did read more of my book. I'm such a nerd. Oh well. Food for thought I guess. I should do laundry so that I have clothes to wear this week. Otherwise I might have to get up early tomorrow morning and do it (oh no! not morning!).

No comments: