Wednesday, September 06, 2006

That's A Pickle...

So, there's this thing called money. It has many purposes: further economy, gain possessions, create opportunities to travel, ensure a better seat at restaraunts, still wagging lips, make bad things disappear. It must be good if it can do all that right? I have trouble believing that. The pickle part is, I need money to get to Jerusalem and I really don't like having money. I'm afraid of having so much in my wallet (need to deposit it tomorrow) or even in my bank account. I buy so many unneccesary things when I know I have the funds to do so. Or I just nickle & dime it away. There are three or four things I do need, no matter what. They are glasses ($300 or so), passport ($80-100 I think), work visa (no clue) and I forgot the other one...mustn't have been too important. I'm also finding that having a driver's liscence would be a great asset so I don't have to taxi home at night and mom won't worry about me walking home. Thing is, I don't want to drive. I'm not afraid to, I just don't see the need. Sure, I'm uncomfortable riding in taxi's, though I've never done it, I'll surely get used to it. Besides, carpooling is better for the environment anyways. Even though I'm not carpooling...wow that one blew up in my face. Wow I just checked airline prices; it's gone up $600 since the last time I checked. $2412, from Stoon to Tel Aviv on Northwest Air. That's leaving in January and returning in July (longest time the site would allow). I don't know when I'm going, so don't take January as a set in stone date. Air Canada's flight (I just messed around and clicked a few things) is only $2347.94; not much of a difference but it's better. Anyways, this has all got me a bit overwhelmed. In short, I don't like money and the pressure it puts on me. All I know is that I want to get out before the next blow up. Although those odds get slimmer every day...

No comments: