Monday, September 03, 2007

Awesome Day!

I just had a super great day. I needed a day like this. Maybe there's been others, and I've been too stressed to notice. Today, though, today was rejuvenating. Church was so awesome. The presence of God was flowing through that place so much during the worship time and the message. We had some awesome testimonies. I was going to say one, but once again, I stayed in my seat.
I was going to say that I've been searching for the next step in my life. The next direction. I've told Carmen & Daune that I will stay on with them this fall. I made a commitment to stay, and keeping that has already shown to be challenging. This past week was pretty horrible spiritually and emotionally. So many times I was very close to calling it quits. I felt like I couldn't handle this job, that I wasn't good enough to take care of this very challenging, very special child. I was frustrated and tired and overwhelmed. Where would I go? Every idea was unappealing or a dead end. Am I stuck then? Maybe, but prehaps being stuck is a good thing right now. Not being stuck, but sticking with something. Actually, for once, doing something I said I would do. So, why should I let Satan discourage me? I shouldn't and I won't! This job was a complete Godsend, and I'm not giving up that easily. I guess my step of faith comes in taking a step in trusting God to provide for me here in Meadow Lake. This is where I am. I can't expect God to do something for me in another country, if I'm not there too. Until I am there, wherever "there" is, I'll take another step in trusting him to prepare my way. Hallelujah! Our God is so great!

After church, I took Jenna, Laura and KP out for lunch. Jenna & Laura really liked the service and are talking about coming to FRESH on Friday. I'm so excited for those girls and what God is doing in their lives. We had a great time at lunch, lots of laughs and good conversation. The afternoon was pretty relaxing. Not much happened.
Around seven, Nancy came and we went to...Bean There!!! It's open again, finally! It looks great, smaller, but great considering the time it took. Nancy & I were so excited to be there. All summer we've been wanting it to be open so we could go for coffee. A&W just doesn't cut it. We then headed over to the theatre, on a tip from Jared Fingler who told us that Robin got a job there today. I really wanted to see her, so we dropped in. We were going to rent a movie, but decided to watch the one there, since it was just about to start and both of us wanted to see it. We saw "No Reservations". Amazing. I loved it, and if I hadn't been with other people, I probably, definately maybe would've been bawling my eyes out! I love sad/happy/so predictable movies. Good chick flick. 5 stars for sure! Plus, we got free popcorn & pop. And...there's more. We got a tour of the upstairs. I was so pumped. There's not really all that much up there, but I was happy to have seen it.

Tomorrow, I'll be at Carmen & Daune's house, sitting on it. I hope it doesn't rain on me. I'll be there til possibly Wednesday/Thursday. I'll still be checking Facebook & such, just no msn. Give me a call or drop by! I'll be glad for the company.
I had an awesome day. In case you hadn't noticed.

No comments: