Saturday, September 15, 2007

Best Birthday

Well, I am offically 20 years old. It was my birthday yesterday and this is what happened. I woke up and checked my "wall". The birthday well wishes had begun to pile up. Some people left some during the week, making it feel like a true birthday week. Which is a really great idea, Kath. :) After replying to the posts, I went and had a luxurious bubble bath. When I got back to my room, I had two messages on my cell. A text from "Eryn" (more later), and Daune asking me to come in at 10. Well, it was already ten after, so that wasn't going to happen. So, I got ready and went to work early. It started out pretty normal, and then all heck broke loose. Daune left, Carmen had been called into work, Dylan was confused. They've both been in and out of the house this week, so he's gotten used to seeing them more. They were both gone and he was mad. So, I tried to put him to sleep. Eventually he fell asleep, and slept for an hour while I got the housework done. He woke up crying and continued to cry for 45 minutes. During this, I tried to put him back to sleep but he wouldn't give in. Daune came home, so I passed him off to him. We started making lunch, he was rubbing his eyes and nearly falling asleep in his highchair, so once again I tried to put him to sleep. More crying. Carmen came home, and we sat down while her and Daune ate. Then, Carmen pulled the carrot cake out of the fridge, gave the "nod" to Daune. They sang me Happy Birthday and we ate the extremely sweet, overly iced (but delicious) cake. I took Dylan for a walk, came home (his), put him to bed, and did the dishes. Eryn called and said Happy birthday. "For the third time", "What?" "You texted me this morning" "Uh, no I didn't" "Oh...That's Pastor Ty's number, oops. I replied 'Thanks Eryn'" Many laughs. Dylan didn't sleep very long, which was fine, since I had nothing to do. He cried for another half hour until I turned on Treehouse. Then we played peekaboo around the kitchen/livingroom. He always enjoys that. Carmen came home, paid me and I headed over to the football game. I couldn't stay long, but I did see Chris and Phil.

I got home and there was a rose from dad, and then mom gave me her present. The complete set of Madame Alexander's Wizard of Oz dolls, McDonald's style. Muzzer and I went out for supper and I got free desert. Mmm. I came home and was waiting for Kirsten & Tiff to call me so we could hang out. I called Kirsty's house, but they'd just left. A few minutes later they were at my house. We began walking to Bean There and I called Eryn telling her where I'd be at 8:30, our agreed time to being our hang out time. We had our drinks and conversation, then called Eryn, saying we were ready to leave. Then we waited. For a long time. haha. Finally, she came and we headed in the direction of Kirsten's house. She was going to "go home and sleep". We passed her street, and then turned down a back alley. Eryn likes to go driving, with no destination, so I wasn't too concerned. Then we pulled into her driveway, because Kirsten and Tiffany wanted to see her house. But, Eryn locked herself out. She rang the doorbell, and the door was magically unlocked. "Oh, I hope there's not a bunch of people going to jump out and scare me." The first thing I saw was a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" banner, and then Nancy, Aaron & Clint pop up and say "Surprise!" I was so happy and excited and, surprised. We hung out for a bit, and then more people started showing up. I got a sweet card from Jenna, a picture album and bubbles from Eryn, and some money from Karrissa. We played some games, and mostly hung out and had good times. When most of the people were gone, we decided to go bounce a ball down mainstreet. It was just Eryn, Nancy, Tay & I left. Only Taylor and Nancy actually chased the ball, Eryn and I stayed in the car. We lost one, and managed to keep the smaller one. Tay went home, and we went to Sev, then home. It was a great evening and I felt really special. That's the first surprise party I've had. I've always wanted one.

So now I'm no longer a teenager, but the celebrations aren't over yet. Tonight we're having supper at Jenn & Dwayne's and a bonfire. Tomorrow, after church, Muzzer, Fajah, Eryn & Nancy & I are going out to Mustus to have some foods and fun. I'm actually pretty wiped out, I've done something til late hours every night of the week and I'm not used to staying up late anymore. Oh well, it's good practise for when I'm housesitting again this week for three weeks. Wow, I'm twenty and I don't even have a valid learner's liscence. I'm cool.

No comments: