Wednesday, May 03, 2006

No Title Yet

You ask me if that's my real smile
And laugh when I say it is
How would you know anything real about me?

You say you weren't welcome at the meeting
And get angry because of your own ignorance
How did you think I would react?

You say what you did was wrong
And beg me to forgive you
How many more times will we have this conversation?

You get angry when I don't tell you anything
And refuse to listen when I say what you don't want to hear
How do I make you listen?

You have masks you put on for certain people
And masks that you take off when they're gone
How will I ever know the real you?

You don't know anything real
And I don't know how to act
How long must we keep this charade going?

We don't know how to talk
And we don't know how to listen
How will we ever get through?

So we keep changing masks
And playing different parts
Until the Playwrite shows us

the end.

No comments: