Monday, May 01, 2006

Plane Tickets and Patience

So, its nearly a year since I felt God's calling on me to go to Jerusalem. (I almost put Africa cuz I'm listening to the Power of One soundtrack!) In a year I've been pumped to go, given up the idea of going, didn't know what was going on, and have come back to wanting to go. Its more than wanting to go; I really feel that things are going to work out to get me to Jerusalem in the fall. After wondering whether I should go or wait until after I get married and whatnot, I've decided that I can't wait. It's going to be so crazy to leave all my friends here. I knew that lots of my friends would be going off to college and whatever, but leaving the friends that aren't (that's right Robin, I'm talking about you), is gonna be really hard. I looked up the prices of a one-way plane ticket from Stoon to Tel Aviv in Sept. and got some stuff put in to perspective. The cheapest flight was $1867. Who knows how much it will change during the summer months? I guess I'm gonna have to start saving my pennies!
Not even as crazy as Jerusalem is, I'm graduating in two months! Two! I'm glad that I got ahold of Chris before she moved and really wasn't able to do my dress. I feel kind of bad for all the work that she has to do in such a short time. I really didn't expect there to be that much change in my dress. Oh well, she's got my mom's help which will save her a lot of time. I think I'm going to be really happy with the end result. Now that I've lost weight, and the dress has lost weight (48" from the skirts!) I'll be able to fit into it better without a whole bunch of bulk. Even though my shoes are nothing like what I was looking for, they match perfectly with the dress, and the price of $10 was a plus. I'm hoping they don't pull me from any classes for missing today. Even if they did I still have an extra credit, but I need all the credits I can get. Man, two months til camp! Chester better get the weeks figured out soon. It must be really hard to decide where everyone goes, especially when so many people apply. I don't think I could handle it. That's why God chose Chester to be director; he gets the job done and listens to God, not the pressure from all us kids. Man, I can't wait to get the pictures from last summer, now that they're actually found! Sheesh.
Well I really can't think of much else to talk about. Just pray that God gives me the patience to get through these next two months, finish school, and the readiness to go to Jerusalem. Hmm...maybe that will be my prayer request for prayer meeting tomorrow.

No comments: