Sunday, December 24, 2006

Bah Humbug Anyone?

Why do we even bother anymore? Christmas has become a mockery of the reason for the season. We took the gifts of the wise men and turned it into greed and materialism.

So, we opened gifts tonight. Let me back up a bit though. On the way to the church, dad asked, "Does it feel like Christmas to you Jo?" Hmm...let me see, no. It hasn't for the past 5 years. "Not really" I replied. "Why not?" "It just doesn't." Good answer. >.<>
We got home and I wanted to get things started but had to wait while he checked his messages, bids online, other such wastes of time. Why must a person ask "What's this?" when he gets a box, wrapped up, that is in a rectangular shape? Just open the blasted thing already! Find out, don't ask a billion questions. Why must you prolong this agony? I'm so sick of Christmas with the family, and it only lasted about 2 hours. And there were only three people here. yikes, try quadrupling that and you'll get the festivities of Saturday yet to come. Oh well, I got some good gifts from mom and had some delicious egg nog (non-alcoholic, watered down with skim milk, of course).

This is what I've got, thus far (all from mom): A hand-knit sweater, wellness light up alarm clock (sun-lamp idea), Santa Claus Is Coming To Town dvd (YAY), Lighthouse calendar. And for my "hope"(less) chest: set of 4 plates, small containers, 3 dish towels, cook book, partylight tea set. Now I just have to get a nice chest. And a prospect of a husband. Or maybe I'll start out with a boyfriend. That'd probably be the wisest route. Oh and Robin got me a really nice wooden box. I've got to find something to put in it, but I'm sure something will fill it.

Now to dream of the delicious cinnamon buns I'll be consuming in the morn. Or whenever I happen to wake up.

Merry Christmas, happy new year and happy boxing day (its the 26th in Korea already).

No comments: