Sunday, December 31, 2006

Score: Creativity 1, Writer's Block 0

That's right folks, I have reached my goal of writing 66 poems in 2006. There is a lot of diversity in the poems I've written in the past year. And, technically, I only began writing again in April of 06. (Not including poems from creative writing class in 2005). Only 9 more until I reach 100 overall. Hmm, 9 is my favorite number. Cool. The poems have showcased the rollercoaster of emotions I've been through this year. There are your obvious depressing ones and their counter-happy ones. Ones of promises made and broken, hearts broken and mended, spiritual insights, the "scary" ones as mom calls them, ones to remember and honour loved ones, the odd random thought ones, plus a few songs. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but I really don't feel like categorizing each one atm. I'm so happy to have accomplished this. Even though I just thought up this concept like a week ago maybe, I was able to set a goal that was manageable and acheivable. I should do that more often; so many times I set goals that overwhelm me when I try and get them, without giving thought to the work needed to go in to them.
So yeah, uh, WOOT!

Thanks Ryan very much for the scarf, mitts and body spray. I LOVE the scent. And the other stuff is so soft, and matches my jacket better than my bright pink scarf. I laughed a bit when I read what the bottle says, "Spritz-on seductiveness with dazzling Neroli Jasmin scent". I didn't know you could spritz on seductiveness. Who knew? I can never find a perfume that I like that doesn't make me choke or bore me. You found a great one. Plus, I love Body Shop stuff.
I also got a 2 disc James Blunt cd from Uncle Ted. It has the regular "Back to Bedlam" cd and the other disc is his Live in Ireland enhanced with video and making of Goodbye My Lover. Good cd. I didn't know that such good music could come from such an obvious pothead. Wow, so much drug connotations. Some of the ideas in the songs are pretty crazy, but good nonetheless. The day was long with the obligitory underlying stress and tension. Chocolates and a scary movie are my new remedy to battle depression. Good stuff. Gets that adrenaline pumping.

Happy New Year to you all. Still not sure what I'll do. Maybe nothing, maybe a bit of everything. Yeah right. Probably nothing. Well, off to waste more time on the internet.
WOOT again!

PS I got new glasses as well! They look very similar to my old ones, just smaller frames. And the lenses are compressed, although it doesn't really look that way. Yeah, I'm pretty blind. I'm still getting used to them though. My eyelashes keep brushing against them, quite annoying.

WOOT WOOT!

No comments: