Sunday, August 13, 2006

Back to Reality?

Well, well, well...I haven't done an "update" in awhile so here we go! Junior teen camp was amazingly fun, challenging, stretching and a learning experience to say the least. I had a good cabin, one girl made a first-time commitment (that sounds so...phony and buisnesslike). I had a great time with them during devo's, God really laid a bunch of stuff on my heart and definately gave me a group who were dealing with these things.
After that, I was supposed to be at kid's 3, but got sick on Sunday and wasn't needed due to extra staff. This was disappointing, but I really REALLY needed a week off to catch-up on life I guess. I was missing Robin a lot and got a great surprise when she came home from her friend's cabin early! That was great, I think I was starting to go a bit crazy. So we hung out a lot, of course. Next week she was off to Teddy Bear.
All was well because Nicole decided to come home from BC. So I spent Sunday-Wednesday with her. We scraped paint from one of their graneries, went swimming with Lana, went out to Aaron's auntie's cabin for an evening and saw Lacey at Bre's.
I got a call that Saturday saying there weren't enough kids for staff, so I, along with others, got the cut. I was...angered...to put it lightly. I'm over it now, I had a good week relaxing and hangin out with Robin. We went to Cold Lake on Monday with her mom and I had fun shopping with "Oliver-funds". Robin and I stopped in at Pizza Hut to see the Gace-atron. Chatted with her, got Lacey Nadon'd, learned about Pizza Hut policies and such. We went to the church on Tuesday, then to Rob's place so he could eat lunch, back to the church and then over to Movie Gallery to rent a movie. On the way we saw Andrew outside of Dub. We chatted a bit then continued on our way. We got "The Benchwarmers", headed back to the Dub to buy something to cool us off. Their interac wasn't working, but Andrew just got off work so we went and ran errands with him. It was awkward at first, just cuz I haven't seen him, or anyone that hasn't been at camp, for a really long time. But then things were fun and more relaxed. I saw Tim in a room at the post office and that was cool. Diana gave Robin and I dirty looks...weird. We hung out at Andrew's for a bit and then went home (Robins) and watched Benchwarmers. Oh boy...it is hilarious! I laughed so much. I love it! We ate, sat around, had a good talk, and watched it again with Terri. Wednesday we just hung out and such. I went home...and didn't go to sleep. Mom and I watched the lightning and rain around midnight or so. Then I went downstairs, watched tv, played on the comp,etc. Around 2:30 I was gettin hungry/thirsty so I went upstairs to make coffee and snacks (weird eh?). I heard a lot of yelling, some guys wanting to fight, and got scared. So I called 911 and then the cops came and took away the guy that was yelling at the one that had already gone home. I went downstairs (now full of adreneline) and looked at different and many tattoo designs for the rest of the night. I went and watched tv in Phil's old room, then upstairs. Rob called around 10:30 to set up an appointment. I showered and such and then went to talk to him. (By the way, it's Thursday now, still no sleep) We had a jolly good talk. Yup. Then he went to get his hair cut and I hung out at the church with Tiff and Aaron. I went on a magical trail ride provided by Aaron and many popsicle sticks. It was great fun. Then Tiff and I went to Robin's for banana boats/apple submarines with her and Bailey. So yummy and sticky. Aaron came and we went up to camp for Talent Nite. Being there was only 18 or so campers, it was short and...lacking? yes. But it was great to see Belinda and KENT! hehe Kent. Brent was Brent at me, so I walked away. Then Checho gave me my cheque (whoohoo) and Tim, Clare & the kids came up to talk to Checho. I played on the swings with Nick & Shan for a bit, then we had to leave. I went to Robin's and we had a good chat. Then I called up me mam and we all sat down and watched "The Wizard of OZ". Well, they did. I fell asleep. A lot. Finally. My mom took me home and I somehow made it to bed. I got up and went to continue my talk with Rob. Then he gave me a book (which I'm loving "Rumors of another world" by Philip Yancey) and I went to Robin's. We talked about the Rob talk, and her mom came home. We went to look at a house with Mik, beautiful but need A LOT of work! Then to the Dub for supper and chaffoo chaffoo. Then grocery shopping at the Coop and home again. We watched "A Series of Unfortunate Events", which is an awesome movie. I went home, to bed and was rudely and frightenly woken by Ms Terri Thomas. hehe. They wanted me to go to Mik's cabin with them. So I did.
We got all packed up, grocery shopping (again) and headed out to Greig. We toured the cabin and then went swimming, tubing and boat-riding. Even I went on the tube! It was so much fun! I couldn't see anything unless it was right beside me, could only feel the water beneath, beside and around me and kept screaming, laughing and holding on for dear life. Robin says I was real Joanna about it, but I'm okay with that. Then we did hot-tubbing and hot dog-eating. Later on we had a campfire and made smores. Robin and I turned in earlier than the old ladies and had to figure out how to safely sleep on the makeshift tri-bunk. It was adventerous and at times "precarious". We talked a bit, read a bit and slept a lot. I had mad crazy dreams...like marriage, driving, gradutation-ing, and other such festivities. Then we got up and went for another boat ride, all around the lake this time. There were a lot of trees falling into the lake due to beavers and more rain. I thought of the passage in Revelations about the mountains shall crumble and fall into the depths. That was cool and I enjoyed the moment. We went back and had a HUMUNGOUS brunch. Huge waffles and eggs and bacon...okay that's only three things, but it was so filling! Robin and I power-napped after that, it was good. I read more too. I sat on the deck with Mik and Terri, then went and read more. Robin got up and read with me. We decided it was time to go so we started to pack up and whatnot. We left and went to our seperate homes (You were probably wondering if I had a home of my own eh?) and I started writing, went to the Dub with Pa and continued to write. And am still writing.
Ok so, now we're back to reality. I have another week off. I'm hoping to get an eye appointment to get new glasses so I can actually see what I'm doing and such. I have a dr's appointment regarding my thyroid ultrasound. Its upsetting because I got that like a month ago and hadn't gotten a call back til Friday and had already put it out of my mind. Now I'm all nervous and worried. Oh well. I'll probably write more about that after the fact.

Oh boy! Next week is SR TEEN! I'm so pumped!!! Its gonna be GOOD (in a Belinda/Breanna voice). Oh boy, Jeffery Dean and Memon (Dione) have a whole bunch of deadly plans and the counsellors are real cool and Joe and Shantelle are gonna be there as well. WOOO I'm excited. Can ya tell?
Okay well, off to more adventures I suppose.

No comments: