Thursday, August 31, 2006

First Day At The Bean There Cafe

Well, I just got off my training shift and other than sore feet, it rocked! Seriously, I'm so happy that we went there last night. God totally knew my heart wasn't in to working at Coop, and provided an alternative. Working with Jazzy as my "boss" was so much fun. She taught me how to do everything and said it so I'd understand. I especially appreciated the hands-on time she gave me. After letting me answer the phone once or twice, I just automatically did it. Same with making drinks and running the till. It was also cool to do dishes with her; we got some good chatting time in. I really love how easy she is to talk to. It would've sucked if I didn't get along or didn't feel comfortable with the people I work with. It just makes for awkward times. She totally gave me the confidence to make different drinks all night. She was always encouraging, or if I screwed up, like spilling the tin of tea, she didn't yell, but helped me clean it up and reassure me that she'd done it before too. I didn't mess up any orders and I doubt if anyone knew it was my first day. Other than Morgan Todd, who I told. Man, Jon and Laura called like 9 times each! Jon's so easy to joke around with and he's really laid back which made working there less stressful. I'll get to work with him on Saturday so that he can retrain me. Jazzy says he does it to everyone, so it's not that I sucked or anything, just so he knows how they work out. I only burnt myself three times and Jazzy once (didn't hurt though). I made her a drink and she really liked it. I like the two that I made for myself as well. The biggest compliment she gave me was that I made foam as good as Jen Fry!!!! Yes that's right Robin, I'm as good as Jen Fry! Ok, for fear of getting a big head, I should shut-er down. I have to make the dreaded call to Coop to tell them I'm taking the job at Bean there. Its okay, they knew I was offered it and that I wouldn't be working with them for long since I'm leaving as soon as I've got the money and the paper work. That doesn't make me want to call them any more though. Oh well, I've gotta do it. Okay, gonna go do something cooler than this...most likely a movie. I live an exciting life!

No comments: